For many moms, feeling overwhelmed is a common issue. Between managing the kid’s schedules, preparing meals, and housework, all while working a full-time job or running a business, there seems to be a never-ending list of things that need to get done. When your to-do list is long and the hours feel short, getting organized can help you feel more in control. By making a few simple changes, you can manage your entire household and finally give yourself some downtime. Here are 6 ways to stay organized as a mom.
1. Create a Daily To-Do List – An easy way to get overwhelmed is to try to manage your agenda by trying to memorize what you need to do today. Making a daily to-do list doesn’t have to be complicated. You can create a note in your reminders app on your phone, keep a list in a small notebook, or get detailed with a daily calendar to hang on your wall. Crossing the items off your list can make you feel accomplished and give you a burst of motivation that you likely desperately need.
2. Meal Plan – Planning your family’s meals for the week ahead of time can save you countless hours from having to rummage through your cupboards trying to find what to make for the evening. Take an hour over the weekend and start planning before you go grocery shopping. You’ll save more time and likely eat healthier with a solid meal plan in place.
3. Make a Weekly Cleaning Schedule – Don’t feel overwhelmed as if you have to do all the cleaning in one day. Break it down by rooms and spread it out through the week to make it a more manageable task.
4. Delegate Chores – There’s never enough time in the day to get everything you need complete. Delegate what you can by assigning kids chores to help. You can even consider hiring a service to help with cleaning or joining a carpool to help with errands.
5. Wake Up Before the Kids – Try to wake up before your kids and give yourself a jumpstart to your day to take care of yourself before you have to get everyone else ready. Give yourself time to get ready for the day or enough time to meditate, journal, or just enjoy a nice cup of coffee. You’ll be amazed at the impact that taking a little time for you can make on the success of your day. Check out this self care journal and planner to help you with this step to staying organized.
6. Declutter Your Home – Decluttering can be a powerful way to organize your life as a mom. The more stuff you have, the more you will likely be overwhelmed as you try to clean and manage it. Start a small decluttering project and start home organizing by getting rid of things you no longer use or have a purpose for.
Getting organized as a mom can be easy, with just a few simple changes that can make a difference. Becoming more organized in your home can help you reduce your overwhelm and stress and feel more in control of your household. Becoming organized in your home will also help you stay on top of the things outside of your home.